Humidor Set Up
How do I set up my humidor?
- Hygrometer (measures humidity)
- Humidity: 68%-72%
- Temperature: 65-70 degrees fahrenheit
- Prepare your humidifier. Depending on the type this will require you to fill it with distilled water or propylene glycol.
- Wipe down the inside of the humidor with distilled water and wait about an hour to dry.
- Place a small glass of distilled water, hygrometer and thermometer inside the humidor. Close the lid and leave for 48 hours, add more water if necessary while it is being absorbed by the inner walls.
- Voila! Your humidor should be ready for use, just keep an eye on the humidity level for a few days. You might want to open the humidor every few weeks to let in some fresh air.